Friday, June 7, 2013

How can I manage someone out when they are not qualified for the position and actually doubling your workload? -

Our Department is only three people and I am in the middle of the hierarchy, My boss promised me we would discipline her today - 2 weeks ago. And he keeps avoiding the situation. He told me not to let up on her errors and to follow up on everything. So how can I help her help herself and the company and move along....

Have you taken the time to ask her if she needs training on the equipment or help performing her duties? Find out where she is making mistakes and show her how to avoid the problems. I know this will cut into the time you have to perform your duties, but it will speed up the overall speed in the department. This type of solution may even improve your chances for promotion.If she is unwilling to learn how to do the job, she should be removed from the situation. If you are in an At Will state, the boss can fire her without grounds. This might sound harsh, but in the long run, it could be best for all parties involved.

It s heartless, but you work in a business, not in a halfway home.The best wake-up call to her would be a dismissal.Until then, observe and report.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS