Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Question about my boss? -

I work in a jewelry store. The owner is rarely in the store, because of meetings. We are to small of a store (we have a staff of 4) to have a official manager, but I do take care of most big things like dealing with upset customers, giving discounts and authorizing refunds. Since he s often out, I also have a small budget to work with when vendors come in. I m suppose to use it to buy things we frequently run low on like wedding bands and chains. Today I re-stocked everything we needed with plenty left to spend, so I also picked up a few gemstone rings and bracelets. Usually, when I do this he grumbles about it until they sell (which is pretty quick, my taste seems to match our customers). When he looked at the new jewelry, he not only complimented it, but he told me he was glad I didn t follow his rules all the time, and made decisions I thought would be good for the store . I was totally shocked. Do you think he just really like what I bought today, or has he noticed in the past that I make an effort to keep our inventory fresh and different even if he does usually chew me out for it?

Give yourself a pat on the back! Sounds like your boss not only respects you, but also appreciates you.Nothing like a good dose of genuine respect and appreciation -- it can certainly boost our self esteem.

He is probably realizing that you are a good asset for the store, and that he really doesn t have to worry about that store.. good job.

I would take this as sound recognition

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS