Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Can I tell a supply house not to sell to another company or I will stop buying from them? -

I am an HVAC contractor and buy over $1.5 million a year from one of my supply houses. I had a guy that used to work for me quite and open his own company taking part of my service work with him. Now he is sticking his nose in one of my supply houses trying to get my pricing on equipment since he knows what mine was while he worked for me. He hasn t been working with the supply house since 1971 like I have and buys maybe one system a month. I am pretty sure they have given it to him with the hard economic times. Why should he get the pricing that I worked and struggled to get for so long? I will not lie I am the largest HVAC company in my area and haven t been hit that hard by the economy. I know most of you will say competition is good, well I outlasted some of the worst and cheapest guys in town to get my name as golden as it is and I will not let this little wimp ruin it. I have already been asked several times where he is, all thinking he was the owner and shared my last name. I pretty much want to run him out of town, if I come across somebody that has a bid from him I will purposely undercut him by $600 to $800 just to get him out of here. My wife and I argue over this constantly she seems to think I need to let it go, what about you guys.

Too bad you didnt have an employment contract with a no compete clause. You have to outdo him in service.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS