Saturday, March 21, 2015

Does it look better if i walk in and apply for a job or apply on the internet? -

I have applied for like a million jobs online with minimal response! My friends tell me to walk around and hand resumes in but i have no confidence! What should i do....Help

It looks like everyone is unanimously saying to walk in . I however wouldn t automatically say this. I own a business and I prefer that they do not come in to give me a resume. I prefer to receive the resumes via email and then invite qualified candidates in for an interview. I say this as a warning only though. It really depends on the type of job you are applying for. If it is at a big company then it is unlikely you would even get to see the person who is doing the hiring. If it is a small company then your chances are better and if it is a really small company then you might even be able to make a job for yourself. For example ask yourself what do I like to do? and what am I good at? I hope you are looking for a job that has to do with your answers. That will make you more confident. If you are good at something and think you can help someone else make more money by doing it then you could go in to their office, not just with a resume, but with a plan. Tell them how you believe you can make them money (or save them money) and then ask for the chance to do it. That would impress a business owner. They want to hire people they can trust, who will take ownership of their position, and help a company grow. I ve never had anyone contact me through my profile so I don t know how to do it. If you have any questions about my answer please feel free to ask. I m happy to help.

Look. someone has a stack of applications that they have to go through. You show up and if they choose you they can forget the others. Act enthusiastic. Don t worry about self-confidence--this is the way you will build yours. By taking care of business instead of acting like a little baby. Internet only is good for non-local applications.

In person, most definitely! If you show up in person you can have the chance to show that you are sure of yourself and your answers. Just practice in front of the mirror, it sounds stupid but it works. Plus, I think if you apply in person it shows that you care enough to actually get up and go there.If you apply online it just looks like you stumbled across a link and said oh look, maybe ill try this . Good luck! :]

Walk in with your resume. It is harder for them to ignore you if you are standing there in person. Plus they are getting a first look without committing themselves. If you are too shy to walk into a shop or restaurant then I am sorry for you.

in person..this way they can see how you carry yourself and how you answer any questions

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS