Thursday, April 16, 2015

Is Wilhelmina bootcamp for new models a good idea and necessary? -

An affilate of Wilhelmina (seen on their website) wants to sign me as a new face but since I have no experience they want me to attend a bootcamp totaling $1600. The agency appears legit and is the best in my city, and they said they are very interested and can market me. However, this appears extremely pricey and is a red flag to me. The bootcamp will train me and get my copcards and portfolio together, and they want 50% down, non refundable. I really want to pursue them but this seems fishy (plus I don t have that money...). Does anyone have experience with Wilhelmina bootcamps? Any thoughts? Any help with be great.

It is beyond fishy, it is a scam.If they were really legit and really interested in you there would not be any charges for anything, training, your portfolio, etc.

Its only $1000 on Wilhelmina s site, not $1600http://www.wilhelmina.com/bootcamp.cfmI personally would not pay for any bootcamp unless you have a signed contract with them upfront, or a written guarantee that you will be signed to the agency after bootcamp. If they are not willing to do this, then they are just trying to make money and there s a 99% chance you will pay that money and never get signed.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS