Saturday, June 27, 2015

Im starting a flea market business. Whats your favorite food? -

I m starting a flea market stand in order to get myself through nursing school. I know how to cook and bake and thought it would be an honest way to make a living while I m struggling to pay for college etc. I have tried many other things and I am set on this. Can anyone give me some foods ideas? They must be cheap, tasty, and not too intricate to make :-).Here are my ideas so far:Empanadas, Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Fries, Rice, Kettle Popcorn and other popcorn, Cookies, Muffins, Brownies, Tea, Coffee, Biscuits, Sausage, Eggs, and other drinks. As you can tell, these are pretty affordable for me to make :-). Any other ideas?I like the options above since I can transport the rice, potatoes, chicken, etc. and set up 2-3 hours early and make them right there in our flea market stand. What else is good? I am going to the New Jersey area. Thanks a lot!

First, make sure you get all necessary licenses from the state and health department of where you ll be selling food.Next, look at what your chosen flea market already has available. If they already have a thriving breakfast food stand, you don t want to go with coffee and eggs. Find a type of food that is not available yet. Also, match the food type with the type of people who come. For example, if there is a large Hispanic shopper base, you d probably do great with tamales and empanadas.I personally think a baked goods - cookies, muffins, brownies - stand would be a great hit.Best of luck!

What about tamales? They are easy to make in large quantities and can be reheated. You can make a variety of different kinds.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS