Tuesday, July 21, 2015

How do you create your own invention when you dont have money, or supplies? -

I have a great idea, i just don t know how to start. I don t want to go overboard with my money, and I m going to put my budget at $100 to make a prototype. How can I get supplies for cheap?

Creating a new product from scratch, working through design iterations, starting a business, and finally putting the product in the marketplace to sell is a very difficult process. I m an engineer and have started a number of product based businesses; my first few tries were not successful.Every year tens, probably hundreds of thousands of people come up with great ideas, but very very few actually make it all the way through to selling their idea. Because you don t have much money to start, making a cheap prototype will be tough, but it s definitely doable. Not sure what type of product you re thinking about (and I d suggest NOT telling anyone about it, especially prospective investors or other business people, without having them sign a non-disclosure agreement), but try going to junkyards, friends, even stores that carry the supplies you need and ask them if they have anything old/used for sale.Making the prototype is the easiest part....the real work comes in refining the design, starting a business to sell the product (a ton of paperwork, taxes, legal considerations etc), possibly applying for a patent, marketing, and finally at the very end taking in revenue.The best advice I ve heard and can give is don t give up, go for it, it will be worth it in the end. Shoot me a message, I m more than happy to give more advice....and if it s a really really good idea, maybe some investment capital!

Without a general idea of the product, tough to know where to send you for materials. Lego can work for a model.Wood, plastic, and metal stock are available at building supply places.Hobby stores if the items are smaller.You can also buy existing items, and cannabilize the parts. For example, if you need a small motor, buy a motorized toy car, instead of building a motor. You will not be patenting the motor anyway.

find an entrepreneur that believes in you often you can give up part of the company or idea for some start up capital

just be creative and find substitutes for what you cant afford

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS