Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Rude ebay customer. How do I respond? -

I do internet sales as my job. Through emails a customer wanted to purchase some gloves from us a couple months ago. He kept trying to price haggle when the gloves were already marked down. I eventually told him he was exhausting me, we couldnt lower the price and told him to find a different store to purchase from then. Today Im checking my emails and he has wrote 4 times saying 3 months later we still have the gloves on ebay at the same price, not selling any of the pieces of crap . He called me a c**t/b*tch 2 times as well. Do I reply back to this guy or ignore him? I started to write a smart *** email back but I think he would enjoy that too much and I dont him to contact my boss/company (even though I d have the upper hand). What would you do?

Customers like that are a pain. You ve done enough in terms of responding to his nonsense e-mails at this point. I would print off copies of his e-mails and your responses and keep these on file just in case he contacts your boss. That way you have supporting evidence of what a problem he has been. As I m typing this, I m thinking that in your place I probably would e-mail him back and be so polite that it will really yank his chains. Say something to the effect that you re sorry he is so disappointed that you are unable to reduce the price on the gloves, but the price has been set at XXXX and you are not able to change that. Suggest that he might want to look for the gloves on other web sites and see if he can find a price that he finds suitable for his budget. Thank him for his continued interest in your merchandise and wish him a happy holiday season. I think here as in most irritating instances, it s better to take the high road and not ignore him and not be rude to him. Being rude back only encourages him to keep bothering you and ending off on this note puts things into perspective and having this last e-mail in the file will show your boss that you are competent and able to deal with problematic and non profitable customers. Take care and keep smiling! Don t let one bad customer ruin your day, you can t give him that power. Now, go to your happy place and have a cup of tea!

You should ignore their emails and report them to ebay. Profanity is considered a trading abuse and will be investigated by ebay. Here is the link to the page on ebay s website that explains it.http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/report-tr��In theory the customer is always right, but when the customer steps over the line and becomes abusive, it is time to stop the communications.Good luck.

Forward the emails to ebay as harassment.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS