Saturday, June 9, 2007

I am contemplating opening a new promotional business in perth and need advice and a little guidance? -

I believe I can run a brilliant promotional business in Perth, Australia. It would specialize in club promotions usually alcohol related or data collection. I do need a little guidance as to how I actually find clients such as jagermeister, pulse etc etc I have no problem with the technical side to running a business as I am administrative staff for another family business but railways consultancy engineering is very different to promotions. I wouldn t expect I would need to write a scope of work in response to a tender for a nightclub job. hahaAny help would be much appreciated.And before it is said, I know I am being naive and asking for help without knowing much about how to do things but this is how I learn, right now i am just sending out some feelers and hoping for some support. Cheers Ally x

Good question. To save you some time, here s what you need to do. I m not sure if the really big liquor companies us in-house advertsing, meaning they have a full time staff doing everything, including your new business tasks. As this is not my specific industry, don t assume, you can make a few calls to be sure. Next, would be the smaller labels that hire outside ad agencies. You know, the ones who charge the big bucks? Well, those ad agencies are your customers. Once you get going you may get your own big labels after you have references and a track record, but you need to sell yourself as a service that specializes in the nightclub channels.See if there is anyone doing exactly what you are doing, you can get an idea of how they are presenting their services. Then:Make a list of services you will provide, this will grow as you begin to work with the ad companies as they will have special requests for you. Like a menu of services, if you will... You may not want to list prices at first until you are comfortable with how much things will cost you. Just give proposals as requested. And you have got to be super professional, as they won t take any chances with you screwing up their customers business - which makes them look bad. Then go through the list of places on the internet and send them an email or package in the mail introducing yourself and your company and the specialized services you offer. And I would also recommend the nightclubs. Get in touch with the owners and drop off packets so they can use your services for their clients also and make a nice profit. Think $$$ - if you can make them $$$ you ll get lots of business.I would think that s a good start. I could go on and on because I love this but let s spare you my ramblings.Good luck!

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS