Saturday, May 3, 2008

I have a full time job and I also have a small e-bay business that made $1584 this year.? -

When I report this e-bay income and take the home business deductions are those deductions limited to the taxes I would pay on the $1584 (because that would not be much) or can I combine both incomes and take the tax write offs off of the total amount of taxes I pay for both my job and home business

You can only take a home business deduction if you use a room in your home EXCLUSIVELY for your business.Your deduction is limited to your earnings on schedule C.

You can only deduct expenses incurred by direct income incurred. Your wages at a full time job already has taxes being deducted. You cannot claim that with self employment income as a whole. Schedule C will be needed for the $1584.00Warning: Be careful with the home office deduction that is a red flag with the internal revenue service. Make sure you read the guidelines very carefully before taking this deduction. Other deductions that are legit that you should have are shipping, office supplies, computer and internet expense. etc. Also be careful when purchasing equipment and furniture and fixtures they are generally depreciated over a period of time and not a direct expense. Talk to a tax professional.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS