Sunday, May 25, 2008

Should I start a company or LLC for apartment complexes? -

My father owns three individual apartment complexes and he ll be retiring in the future and I ll probably taking ownership of them. He has always been just the owner of these properties, he has never established a company or LLC for them. I had thought about getting my real estate brokers license and starting a property management company that encompasses these properties. I m hoping to find some direction on any advantages (i.e. taxes) if I should start a company or just retain ownership as my father has for many years.

If you incorporate (corp/LLC), you will have some advantages if someone gets hurt. They can only sue the biz and not you personally. You will also be able to pay yourself a paycheck w2. A RE license will help if you do this for someone else you don t need it for your personal properties.http://www.acemanagementgroup.com/downloads.htm -legal structure form.still have question just email or call.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS