Sunday, May 25, 2008

Why dont ATMs give out $5.00 or $10.00s bills anymore ? -

In answer to Judy s comment above, yes, Judy they did at one time.Why don t they now? It s more cost effective for the bank to stock only one denomination. You can fill more money into a machine if it is all $20 then if you were to put in 5s or 10s. This means filling the machine less. It also avoids the wrong money being loaded in the wrong slot and hence dispensed incorrectly.

why do they charge you to use the atm s also. that is why when I go shopping and when I use my debit card, I ask for more money so I don t have to pay the atm machine.

Some still do. There s a bank I know of in central Massachusetts that has several branches that gives out $5 s and $10 s at all of their ATMs.

Most of the Bank of America atms gives out $10.00 bills...$5 would be nice though..

Did they ever used to?Time to do some research for myself./

The ATM at my bank gives out $5 $20.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS