Saturday, February 13, 2010

Would it be illegal to sell cakes from my college dorm? -

I bake well enough for people to offer to pay me for the cakes I make. I would not actually do it from my dorm but i would meet them somewhere on campus to give them their order... anywho... would it be illegal... like taking orders for specific cakes and stuff?

I m sure in your dorm rental agreement it says you cannot use it to operate a business. Also, I know that most colleges do not let you operate a business on campus without special clearance and memberships. Don t do it illegally. You may get kicked out of school. But perhaps look into renting a space off campus and make deliveries from your dorm room.

No - that s not illegal - I ve got friends that do that - She specializes in Wedding Cakes - provides service to reception halls and homes. Its a part-time business. You ll need to go all the way, if you decide to rent a shopping mall rental or storefront. DBA, Business license, checking account. Keep it casual - get or make nice business cards!Your name: Cakes for all occasions - birthdays, weddings, graduation - whatever and Just your phone or email. No address or expect company.

In many states, food manufacturers are required to be certified by the board of health, or some other government agency that oversees the preparation of food. If you sell cakes on a casual basis, you may be able to fly under the radar, but if you start advertising, they may find out and shut you down.

idk but sign me up...i miss home cooking :(

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS