Thursday, June 3, 2010

Is it legal to sell information about? -

Is it legal to sell information that I have accumulated either from my own research or by paying a subscription price? Can I legally sell information about real wholesalers/drop shippers? I want to sell the info for cheaper that you can get at other places, and I just dont want to get in trouble.

Not if you re a Russian spy.

I think the key is, are you changing the data at all or just copying it and re-selling it? If you are changing the data, adding your own analysis, and so forth you are just using the accumulated data for a basis. I think that is OK.If you are simply copying it using pretty much the same format, you are probably violating their copyright and would be subject to them issuing a restraining order or suing you.

Not sure about this but you probably need the permission of whoever or whatever you are getting the information from. If that s the case, then you probably need to pay them too, if they want it. If you re not careful about these kinds of things, you can get sued.

It depends on the specifics. If you are selling research that you learned from OTHER people s actual research, that is called plagiarism. Also, you cannot sell insider or trade information that it proprietary in nature.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS