Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is laptopsgoingcheap.com a legitimate company? Too good to be true? -

I stumbled upon a too good to be true laptop computer sale through http://www.google.com/products. I searched for the HP dv7-2180us and found that laptopsgoingcheap.com is selling them for $620.00 which is about half of the other retailers. The sites appears to have spawned from the UK (which isn t a good sign so far). I won t buy from them without any prior experience or some type of feedback so if you ve already been burned, post your response here. If you haven t already ordered, I don t recommend it at all at this point. The site advertises a 7-day return policy...wierder already. Here is their contact info, supposedly:Contact Us By Phone:+447024057519Contact Us By EMail:1 VICTORIA PLACE,THE PROMENADE,KINGSBRIDGE,DEVON,TQ7 1JGContact Us By EMaillaptopsgoingcheap@gmail.com OR cheaplaptopsonline@yahoo.comfrom:http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/laptopsgoingcheaponline/the-template/about/Page

I want to know the same thing, I just ordered from them and they said the credit card system was broke..They gave me the option of paying with money order or signing onto yahoo messenger to talk to a representative about how to pay with the credit card which would probably involve giving them my card number, so I m sayying EFF that.They had a really good deal for a Acer Aspire 1410 though :( 285$!!I m not going to trust it. I told them to let me pay with paypal, or nothing. They said they only accept paypal if you ordered more than 3 units. I replied saying make an exception or I m on the road.We ll see what they say. Lol. I wouldn t trust it though.

Yes, this site is a scam. http://store03.prostores.com/servlet/laptopsgoingcheaponline/StoreFront You can see from the url that the site is part of Prostores.com. I have notified them they have a fraudulent site and they said they would have it removed. As of 11-4-09 it was still operating. Report Abuse

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS