Sunday, November 10, 2013

Who here in an entrepreneur with a college degree? -

I want answers mostly from anyone that is an entrepreneur and went to college? What degree to you have? I am having trouble understanding these stupid classes for my degree. I want to know if you actually use them in the business daily. If not, which ones should i concentrate on?

I am an entrepreneur and I went to college and got my MBA. The business courses are a good foundation for understanding the building blocks of business. However, I cannot say I use them in my every day dealings as an entrepreneur. Some of the most successful entrepreneurs I have met have little more than a high school education. The best way to find out if owning your own business is for you, is to start one while you are in school. You will be able to apply your classroom knowledge into your business and I think you will find success at both!

I own a construction business and studied Political Science and Entrepreneurship. I had a class that allowed each person to start a business and that was awesome. The basic accounting classes have helped me. What I would do if I were you is start a business and then figure out what you need to learn to make it work and then sign up for a class that gives you that info. Then you can ask a professor when you have questions (free consulting).

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS