Monday, April 28, 2014

So how do i take my jewelry business to the next level? -

So me and a couple of friends bought a bunch of jewelry from Thailand and have been selling it around here. It is all sterling silver jewelry with semi-precious stones like amethyst or topaz, much like a birthstone ring you would give to a 16 year old girl or something. So far we have done pretty well selling it to friends of friends and such but we really want to take it up a notch. Recently, we put up a display at a salon with price tags on them and a poster, but we only sold 2. We are selling in the 20-30 $ a piece range. We could go a tad cheaper but we are afraid that people will than think it is really cheap jewelry and it actually looks nice. But would it be wise to drop the prices a bit? Raise them? we also have sold some on craigslist. but yea, any help would e much appreciated!

Whew! It s hard to tell. Do you have pictures? My wife is selling fashion jewelry pieces we order from the Philippines and she gets around 38% markup. We started ordering last May 2009 and we are waiting for our 7th order this week. I remember my wife s first order was $386.00. I was extremely worried about the money we sent out that I felt so relieved when we got the first package after 6 days. The items were so beautiful and not even one of my wife s customers were dissatisfied. We live here in Wisconsin by the way.Maybe you can try selling other types of fashion jewelry since silver tend to darken and react when expose to oxygen. There s nothing to lose, only to gain. You can check out her website and see if your friends are interested. I am not sure if her advertisement on USnetads.com is still there but that s where my wife found her website. You can check it out and ask for photos and pricelist if you are interested.-Jane ad Allan Leaf

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS