Saturday, February 3, 2007

I want to sell my home- knit hats and sewn clothing, Help? -

How do I sell to people onlineBTW I m 14 and saving up for medical school, don t have a camera so can t post any pics, but they re good quality The only clothes I ever wear i make or embellish or alter myself

Check around little shops in your areas. In my area I sell to little shops, sometimes they will buy homemade items.

Craigslist. Make sure you don t bring them to your house, when you re alone!Don t give out addresses, unless they re just blocks away from your house, to make sure they are serious about buying. If you meet them someplace, do it in public, and bring someone you trust with you. Read the fine prints, before you sell, for there are bad guys out there. When I was your age, I posted a babysitting job, Nickel Ads, and a pervert wanted ME to babysit him. I learned from experience, and I could have been the next victim, but my guardian angel was with me. I m here to tell stories, about the danger, that s just one of many I ve been in. So be careful!Good for you! Good luck!

You can set up a online store at www.etsy.comYou do need to pay some fees to post photos and you ll be paying the Etsy people a percentage of each sale.What is great about this site is you can check out what other people are selling, if they re stuff is actually being bought and how much they are charging for it.The normal retail mark-up for clothes is 3 times the cost. That is, if it cost you $5 to make, you charge $15.00 for it. You don t want to lose money on the items you make. If it cost you $10.00 to make, you can t charge $5.00 for it or you re losing money.If you really want to start an online business, you ll need to get pictures of your stuff to post online. No one wants to buy stuff if they can t see it.Otherwise, you could try selling your hats at a local crafts fair or church sale.Good luck.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS