Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What can I do when I havent received my deposit back from an Owners Direct property owner? -

I rented a spanish villa for a week a few weeks ago from Owners Direct. I have never had a problem before with anyone from there, however, this time the owner doesnt seem to want to give me my deposit back. We agreed that she would as the property was left in perfect condition. On her website she says it will be returned within a week of vacating the property. In the first week she said we would have it by the weekend, this time passed and she said we would have it the following weekend and when this weekend passed she said we would definitaly have by Monday. Its now Thursday and no sign of it. She has told me there was a death in the family, then that she was working in a town that didnt have my bank in it. But its nearly 3 weeks now and these excuses do not fit anymore. I have emailed owners direct but as of yet they havent responded so i thought i would ask if anyone else has had this problem and what they did? I wrote her one final email on Tuesday saying i m sorry, but if we dont receive it by Friday - tomorrow, that we would have no other alternative than to take further action to retrieve the deposit. So when tomorrow comes and the money is not in my account, what can i do?

Maybe you can get an answer here -http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-e�� Difficult, if not subject to UK law. The cost of pursuing legal action might be more than it is worth. The least you could do, is report this to Owners Direct - maybe they will strike her off their list.

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS