Monday, April 6, 2009

Can she legally open my mail without my consent? -

I am 20 almost 21 in 1 month and my grandmother opens my mail whenever she sees a problem. such as if I took out a credit card and it was denied or not she opens it and if the bank sends me a letter because i withdrawn too much money. I am getting tired of her enduring curiosity and wish she would let me go as an adult and not as a child anymore. all we are doing now is bucking heads but i do not have enough credit to sign for my own place so i m stuck living here. So any advice would help.

It is a problem that while may be criminal if done by someone else for more dishonest reasons is not up to the standard to have her arrested. Afterall you don t want grandma in a federal prison for this.You need to have respectful but strong words about her respecting your privacy. On the other hand if you depend on her for a place to live - tread lightly. One solution is to get a post office box and ask them how to stop any mail from going to the house and have it directed to the P.O box instead. It will have a rental charge per month. You will need to go to the post office to get your mail but it will solve that problem.

in the US, all people are adults at age 18; thus, she may notopen it legally.get to her mail early and start opening itbetter though; get an adult family member to talk to herfind out why she is doing thiswe at YA assume you are not into dru.....sor getting any 5 finger loans

Look into opening a PO box at the local post office. Then change the mailing address for all of your various accounts to there.

That is illegal since you are an adult and mail is private. (My ex girlfriend got her mom arrested for doing this.)

>>>

 

Home Posts RSS Comments RSS